1. There is pride in every day I add to my total of being sober (currently at day 105).
2. I have only had to put out my recycle bin once since stopping drinking (sorry I had to mention it here).
3. Not being afraid of the phone going at night and answering it and having the person notice my slur.
4. My blood pressure is the lowest I can remember for years.
5. I enjoy mornings now.
6. I enjoy sober sleep, it is so much better than sleep fueled with alcohol.
7. Taking the time to cook much healthier meals.
8. My dog’s life has improved as I am able to focus on playing with him at night rather than get annoyed with him because I want him to leave me alone to have my drink.
9. Both my dog’s enjoy going for walk’s after work that is a walk for them giving them time to stop and smell whatever they want on the way without me hurrying them up so I can get home to crack open a bottle.
10. My life in more productive.
11. Having the ability to drive somewhere when ever I want and not having to stop to think how much I have had to drink first.
12. Losing friends that don’t support my sober life.
13. Losing weight.
14. Getting up at 5.30am to go to the gym before work.
15. Not having the stress of making my wages last long enough to support my drinking habit from pay day to pay day.
16. Having this blog.
17. Having the support of others because of this blog.
18. Having the support of a friend in my decision not to drink.
19. Not having to get up to piss numerous times through out the night.
20. Reading a book from start to finish.
21. Walking the dogs without getting short of breath.
22. Not being embarrassed putting out my full re-cycle bin and putting the few non-alcohol related items on top in a pathetic attempt to cover all the bottles below.
23. Actually knowing when I am tired and needing to go to bed.
24. Not waking up on the couch, cold and stumble to bed.
25. Not disturbing the sleeping dogs by getting up all the time for another bottle.
26. Watching a TV series and actually keeping up with what is happening.
27. Having goals in my life now.
28. ……. there is more and I am now finding them every day.