I seem to use my blog to get out the negative, crazy and embarrassing things that rattle around in my head and often forget to just breath and let you all know that there is also so much in my life to be grateful for. I have many, many blessings in my life and spend way to much time deep in thought pondering over shit that matters but really shouldn’t take up so much space in my head. Could explain why it’s here in my blogging world as purely a way to get it out and move on. Anyways moving on time for a moment to share some of my blessings with you all.
- I am over 300 days sober now (I think I will confirm that when I get home and look at my calendar).
- I am so grateful that even with the mind of an addict I have managed to stay on my goal and am still sober.
- Okay I am not going to start all of these with I am so please take that as a given. Attended my first work party since going sober and am a happy sober day after person now 🙂
- Happy that I got to offer to be sober driver to make sure everyone would get home safely.
- Deepest love in my life is my dog’s and now that I am living sober I am even more aware of their amazing natures and the deepest love that I have for them.
- So happy that I have a roof over my head, food in the fridge for the dog’s and myself, power, phone and electricity.
- I still haven’t mastered how to make my pay last from pay-day to pay-day and end up robbing Peter to pay Paul, but at least I have a Peter to help out Paul! Previously Peter would have already have been broke after finding funds to feed my addiction. So I have Peter to fall back on and the next aim is to not need Peter, baby steps here.
- I still have a bloody good job that pays a reasonable wage.
- My parents are nearing their 80’s but are still in reasonable health.
- I have a volunteer job that I work on in evenings and weekends and I love it.
- Ice Cream, I have Ice Cream in my life. Now that one might seem a bit random to some of you in amongst all of this but picture this – I have food allergies and can not eat anything containing wheat, gluten or dairy. For years I have not had Ice Cream or Chocolate and now I have found a form of both that I can have. PLEASE don’t ponder what is actually in them and to people who can have the real version it probably taste yuck but to me I am in heaven when I eat them.
- Painkillers, I have a problem with a disc in my upper back at the moment and without pain killers it feels like someone is stabbing a hot poker in there.
- Friends, I have some amazing friends around me that I need to learn to communicate with better and I need to learn how to ask them for help more.
- My car, it is nothing flash in fact I would call in a Nana vehicle but oh my I would be lost without it.
- My freedom, you know when I watch TV and I see the poor people in war-torn countries my heart breaks for them. The fear on their tired faces is unforgettable.
- The country that I was born in and live in, New Zealand is a really amazing beautiful part of the world to be in.
- My health which I never take for granted, I have officially died on an operating table and the life that I was living before that was one of repeated illness and pain. Now when I make it through the day well and without pain (apart from my back) I am so blessed.
- This blog as it has become the place where I can just be me and ramble out what ever random shit I feel like with no guilt, shame, embarrassment or nervousness.
- Music, there is pretty much always music close by if not on with me I can’t even imagine being without it.
- stubbornness, okay that is a weird thing to put on this list but without it I would not be where I am in live right now.
If you are still here thanks for reading it all the way though, some of what is on here is so basic but if I was to remove any part from my life the hole would be huge.
Stay strong and every so often please sit back and count your blessings. XOXOXOXO