- I never thought I would watch smoke rising from a burning house and then learn that a man was in that house after murdering 2 people and having a confrontation with the police
- I never thought I would hear of a people getting off a rape charges because the victims wore a pretty bra or had a Tinder profile so must of pre-empted it
- I never thought I would grow up to be the victim of multiple rapes
- I never thought that I would grow up to be an alcoholic
- I never thought that I would die on an operating table and be brought back to life
- I never thought when I was younger that I would not be able to have kids
- I never thought that I would grow up to not be able to remember my childhood
We really can’t pre-plan everything in our lives so that we shield ourselves from anything painful or bad or sad it just doesn’t work like that. We can’t protect ourselves from everything it’s just not possible but I strongly believe that we need to have these experiences in our lives to help us grow mentally and spiritually. I am not saying “hey rush out and find all the shitty things you can because they will teach you a lesson or two” don’t do that because if you need the lesson it will come your way.
One thing I do think now which is off on a different tangent is that we are all capable of and should be trying to do good and find something that you are passionate about. Something that you really care about and want to help make better e.g. for me my passion lies in animal welfare, maybe yours is helping other addicts, maybe it’s helping dementia patients, helping the homeless the possibilities are endless.
Living life sober, raw and real causes me to have thoughts like the above. Sorry I’m still getting myself back to balanced and things are still a bit all over the place. As jumbled as this is and as unprofessional as my writing is it does help me.
Feel free to tell me your thoughts at any time e.g. what was it that you never thought……..